Friday, October 17, 2008

Introducing....Melissa Jo Gibbs #23

Nicknames: Gibbs, Gibbler, Gibbsatron, Gibberish, Gibberoni, Gibble's n' Bits, Gibblestein, Gibbasaurus, Gibble Gobble and "slut."

Height: 5'7"

Hometown: Shell Rock, IA

Attending: Iowa State University

Position: Deep. I live to run down big hucks.

Autobiography:
I saw a poster for the Iowa State women's Ultimate team on the floor of my freshmen dorm the first week of college. I thought to myself "I think I played that in P.E." After that time, I've been unsuccessful at everything in "normal" life which others may understand. Sometime after my first college season, I found out one, maybe two fools, voted me the Freshmen of the Year in the Central Region. After that, I whored myself out to Club teams to feed a competitive addiction: Meddling Kids in Illinois, 2005, CLX going to Worlds in Australia 2006, and Small Rackages 2007. Now, my goal is to play the best Women's Ultimate that I can find nearby and POP is it baby! Since around the middle of my career thus far, I've been attempting to help captain Iowa State's "Women Scorned" to great things. I made all-region in the Central region of college last year so I'm glad I remembered what it took to be good between freshmen year to now. I like cheetah patterned skirts, showing off my quad muscles, long and unnecessary naps, Jack Johnson, the beach, backwards hugs and "keeping it on" because I "can't turn it off." I occupy the rest of my available time imagining my Ultimate offspring with various SubZero players.


No comments: